Researchers at large take up 5G simulation projects due to their advantages and potential for future research. 5G, or the fifth-generation technology for wireless communication, has brought new domains in designing wireless systems and establishing effective wireless communication. The existing challenges in different wireless systems like massive machine type communication, ultra low latency communications, and enhanced mobile broadband can be easily overcome using 5G technology. The following new 5G technologies are being explored for research activities,
New Technologies in 5G Network
- Waves at high frequency bands (millimetre waves)
- Multiple input and output systems (MIMO)
- Deployment and usage of various devices
By the process of simulation, you can solve research questions from primary to advanced levels. Researchers face many challenges in 5G simulation, but there are ways to cope. This article will give you a complete picture of the 5G communication project simulation given by the field’s research experts. Let us first start with the major simulation parameters.
Important Network Parameters for Simulation
The 5G technology has been beneficial to users of various age groups and backgrounds relating to their objectives and works. For this reason, researchers have been actively doing projects in 5G technology where the following parameters for simulation are identified as important.
- Layout of 5G network
- Statistical distributions of the network
- Platforms in which it functions (software)
- Architecture of the system
- Framework for simulation
- Programming languages that are used
Our researchers have been mostly working on 5G simulation tools for many years. We have also been counseling researchers to maintain their motivation level at times of adversaries, like the situations in which they face many research problems and feel that they cannot answer some research questions. At such hard times, we have been with our customers and help them overcome all such issues. So we usually suggest researchers deploy the best simulation tool for their 5G project to evaluate the system prior. Now let us look into the significant merits of the 5G simulation.
SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGES OF 5G SIMULATION
5G simulator tools are of great importance to the researchers as they can be used to answer any of the important research questions. Despite answering the significant research questions, the 5G simulation tools help in the following.
- Performance of the 5G communication project that you decide can be successfully evaluated at various real time situations
- The ultimate power of the 5G simulation software can be harnessed
- Digital twins and industrial internet of things applications can be successfully enabled using simulation tools
- The simulation tool is used in testing healthcare applications like real time monitoring of patients
As a researcher, all you need to do is act like a facilitator to make the advancements get and applied in the existing systems and models.
The following is the list of 5G research questions that can be readily answered using simulation tools
- How can the traffic load in a large scale network be understood?
- What can be the best choices for the system tools and designs in order to make the process of development easier?
- How to enjoy your optimal use of hardware while creating complex system designs?
- What are the major characteristics to be included into 5G simulation software?
We have gained a huge experience of answering the above research questions using 5G Network simulation tools in many of our projects. Researchers usually unwind after a long process of 5G communication project design by working with the simulation tools.
Guidelines to choose Simulation Tool based on Efficiency
A great challenge to any researcher is to cure the existing challenges in many areas in which advanced technologies are being used. For this purpose, it usually depends on 5G technology, which depends on 5G simulation tools for its efficiency. Now let us look into the task that can be formed using 5G simulation.
In 5G simulation, the following tasks can be performed,
- The excellent choice for cell tower layout is determined (for ensuring maximum coverage of geographic area)
- The benchmarks for performance can be recorded and assessed (under various applications like video and voice)
- The issues of network interference can be easily observed and analysed
- Before the real-time deployment of network projects the actual system capacity can be determined and also the issues on coverage can be solved
- Simulation can be performed to understand the working of the system under different conditions of weather and traffic
- A good comparison on different it network design performances can be made in a fast manner then the real time application
- Cyber security services in 5G network can be validated
Our engineers gained expertise in almost all the aspects of 5G, and we are capable of providing you with sufficient research materials that you can use for your research reference purposes. Our technical experts can answer any kind of why questions. We particularly mention this because only such types of questions can ensure better understanding. We also provide you with expert solutions to whatever questions that you ask for. Now let us see about the technologies that are supported by 5G
TECHNOLOGIES SUPPORTED IN 5G
The following technologies become great and efficient with the use of 5G in them.
- Flexible frequency division duplex
- Time division duplex
- Device-to-device communication
- Massive multiple input multiple output systems (Massive MIMO)
Our engineers are well experienced in guiding projects in all the technologies mentioned above. Connect with us at any time to get your queries on using various methods of 5G in these technologies solved.
5G SIMULATION MODEL
The description of 5G simulation models can be done either by explaining its physical advantages or by exploring its structure mathematically. It is to be understood that simulation tools are nothing but the direct outcome of mathematical models. The 5G simulation models can be categorized as follows
The above different features are the basis on which simulation models are classified too. The mechanisms that we used to select the best simulation tool for our guided projects served our customers exceedingly well. If you want to have expert ideas on the 5G simulation, then get in touch with us. Your interaction with our technical team is about to earn you a much better field experience. Now let us look into the important metrics that are used as indicators to examine the performance of the 5G network.
5G KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Vertical key performance indicators
- These indicators can be oriented to the level of the system
- The capability of the system to achieve its goals is studied through these indicators
- For example the users who do not face better experience on a specific time period can be a good indicator for 5G performance
- Network key performance indicator
- The infrastructural parameters of a network that are analyzed using this indicators are listed below
- Packet loss
- These parameters are measured in Milli second time scale
- The infrastructural parameters of a network that are analyzed using this indicators are listed below
- User key performance indicator
- The experience of the user is majorly determined under this indicator
- Bioindicators measuring experience of the user under various heads are in the range of few seconds to several minutes
- The example include arrival time error of a bus (deviation from the estimation)
We are specialists in handling 5G projects and simulation tools that show supremely significant results on the above indicators. We also make efforts to constantly scan the network for security breaches. You can avail of our services on the network and cybersecurity to get yourself secured for the better functioning of the technology. Now let us see in detail the different simulation tools available for simulation 5G network communication projects.
5G SIMULATION TOOLS
The following is the description of the best simulation tool that can be used to simulate the 5G network projects.
- NS 3
- Operating platform is python and c ++
- It enables multiple link
- It supports PHY model waveforms and channel codes
- Implementation of Mac layer and customised channel model is allowed in ns3
- End to end traffic simulation in par with ns3 simulator is provided
- K – SimSys
- It is a wide variety support simulator based on ns3
- It is used in high level simulation purposes (end to end)
- This is an open source matlab based 5G simulator
- It works on CI (or close in free space reference distance) model of propagation
- Dissemination tool is based on the data set that is obtained using 24.5 dBi antenna (steerable horn type) for transmission and reception purposes
- Even here the concentration of various aspects of 5G over mm-wave ranges went unavoidable
- Steering and beamforming applications can be simulated using this model
Hence, from the valid observations made from the simulation tools used for 4C networks, NYUSIM can be the better option for the 5G simulation. Omnet++ is an another best alternative network simulation tool. You should remember the following points about the other simulators.
- Mac layer analysis can be obtained in detail by other simulators
- Precise description of simulation details lead to computer intensive approach
- The existing simulation tools may not be applicable for simulation under large scale applications
- Mobility traffic analysis is difficult to be carried out using Saturn simulation tools
- Theoretical and LTE model based simulators are better tools but they cannot cope with 5G simulation
By keeping this point in mind we are listing below some of the other 5G simulation tools that you can mark as your choice.
- Vienna 5G LL simulator
- It is based on matlab
- Multilink is provided by this simulator
- Waveforms supported: WOLA, UFMC, FBMC, CP – OFDM, f – OFDM
- Channel codes: LDPC, POLAR, TURBO, CONVOLUTIONAL
- It runs on c programming
- It ensures multiple links
- It support ofdm waveforms and turbo channel models
- GTEC 5G LL SIMULATOR
- It works on matlab platform
- It does not provide for multi link approach
- The waveforms supported include FBMC, OFDM
We provide you any assistance on the above simulation tools, be it the basic explanation on its working or advanced implementation guide. We are here to support you ultimately for your research and projects.
We are always vigilant about the 5G network functioning, most receptive and responsive to the network environment and users’ needs. Now let us talk about the workflow of 5G network simulation tools
5G SIMULATION WORKFLOW
In simple words, the working of any 5G simulator tool is based on the following steps
- The executable software is defined
- The simulation environment under investigation is determined
- Then the parameters for structuring the network including the network algorithm, technical components, protocols and deployments are configured
Only specific lines we can demonstrate the 5G simulation tool workflow as follow
- The parameters for determining the load scenario
- The necessary topology including the links and nodes are generated
- Adaptation of link is the next step
- Transmission both at the uplink and downlink happens next
- Is more number of frames or are detected then the above two steps are repeated
- And finally post process results of simulation declared
These are the steps involved in the simulation process carried out by any kind of 5G simulation tool. We help you in achieving your research objectives. We never let you fall short of the expectations that you have on us.
Knowing more about the simulation is the need of the hour. This is insisted because we have experience in working with researchers who find it difficult to choose their research topic in 5G simulation. So now, let us have some ideas on the research areas in the 5G simulation.
RESEARCH IDEAS BASED ON 5G SIMULATION
We have come up with the following list of important research areas in 5G simulation after having an enormous understanding of current trends in the field.
- Planning of 5G networking (using digital twins)
- 5G networks’ cyber security
- Increased fidelity in modelling 5G networks (with the help of network digital twins)
- 5G simulation and modelling at high fidelity using novel methods
We are ready to provide you research support on all the above domains. And we are also supportive of your research needs on any topic under 5G communication technologies. Researchers get more and more of hunger to extend their research only when they become aware of their potential demands. We are here to create such motivations for researchers. The methods in which we provide the stimulus vary with the attitude of the researcher. Now let us have some ideas on the metrics used for analyzing the 5G simulation system performance. This can also be a great stimulus to your research.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES OF 5G SIMULATION
Your project’s performance on the 5G simulation can help you get through many researchers’ vast kinds of problems. This is because the performance metrics are the fundamentals upon which your entire project can be built in an efficient manner. The following are key measures of 5G simulation software and system performance.
- Maximum cell goodput
- Rate of collision (random Access)
- Packet delay
- Packet loss ratio
- Throughput (cell – edge)
- Throughput per user (average value)
- Rate of output processing (for relevant data extraction during every simulation)
Our projects showed extremely appreciable results on all the above parameters of performance measurement. So we can prominently help you to overcome many research challenges and precede efficient research work.
As time advance, the demands increase thereby the responsibility of a researcher working on 5G simulation projects also evolve. We are here to hold you up on all aspects of your research. Contact us for further assistance.