OMNeT++ Veins framework includes a comprehensive suite of models to make vehicular network simulations as realistic as possible, without sacrificing speed.The GUI and IDE of OMNeT++ and SUMO can be used for quickly setting up and interactively running simulations.
Features of VEINS:
- 100% open source software offering unrestricted extensibility.
- Can be deployed on compute clusters for simulation in MRIP distributed parallel fashion.
- Supported by solid and diverse user base from five continents.
- Can employ validated, computationally inexpensive models of shadowing effects caused by buildings as well as by vehicles.
- Relies on fully-detailed models of IEEE 802.11p and IEEE 1609.2 DSRC/WAVE network laters, including QoS channel access , multi channel operation, noise and interference effects.
- Can import whole scenarios from OpenStreetMap, including buildings, speed limits, lane counts, traffic lights, access and turn restrictions.
Platforms supported by veins:
- Mac OS X.
Sample code for OMNeT++ veins:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <configuration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://sumo.sf.net/xsd/sumoConfiguration.xsd"> <input> <net-file value="erlangen.net.xml"/> <route-files value="erlangen.rou.xml"/> <additional-files value="erlangen.poly.xml"/> </input> <time> <begin value="0"/> <end value="1000"/> <step-length value="0.1"/> </time> <gui_only> <start value="true"/> </gui_only> </configuration>