OMNET++ is an important simulator which builds components by simulator and ensures communication by exchanging message. We edit programs in Omnet++ by graphical editor of eclipsed based Omnet++ simulation IDE. We offer Omnet++ projects in PhD which make interacts with new research application and tested by Omnet++ simulation. We design Omnet++ specially to design VANET (Vehicular Ad hoc Network) to perform vehicular communications and SUMO for Road Traffic Simulation. By omnet++ simulators we run parallel and connected via socket process.
We develop SUMO denoted as simulation of urban mobility which is an open source, microscopic Road Traffic Simulation. We implement SUMO to support Traffic research community and evaluate algorithms in Traffic based approach. We use SUMO to simulate VANET and video streaming Network for final year projects.
We adopt the following characteristics to implement sumo in more than 95+ projects are:
- Perform various vehicle communications.
- High portability and Interoperability for XML data.
- Complete work flow model for routers and networks.
- Model various collision free vehicle movements by Omnet++ simulation.
- Provide dynamic user assignment.
- We measure output as network wide. Edge based, vehicle based and detector based.
- Every vehicle has own route (microscopic) for data Transmission.
We adopt Vehicular Ad hoc Network Technology which treats Vehicle as node to create mobile networks. Every vehicle in wireless network considered as Router (or) node. Vehicle is connected with 100 to 300 meters and make network with wide range. We mainly design VANET to ensure road safety and by gathering information as speed, location for safety. We ensure value added services like email, audio and video sharing.
We use following functions in VANET which performed by students in projects are:
- Every node can communicate with any other node.
- Collective information is stored in Dynamic server Database.
- Every Vehicle equipped with WiFi/ Wimax device and act as node.
- Any Vehicle in Road can register it’s identify to roadway access point.
- Every vehicle has unique ID for data Transmission.
P2P Live Streaming:
We implement P2P referred as peer to peer Network to ensure application deployment. Every node in P2P acts as server and client. P2P works when a request is received from client then server will works for request and send response to client.
P2P Multicast Streaming:
By P2P multicast streaming, we implement two methods called tree based and mesh based methods which explained in Springer reference paper.
- Tree Based Streaming:
It used to create parent and child relationships. We mainly implement tree based streaming to avoid interruptions and repaired.
- Mesh Based Streaming:
It is a data driven approach which exchange data availability with random partners and get new data. We consider Real time constraint and application in this approach and support window media video and real video format.